This is the Zero.Zero: the firstborn, we could say. If you take a moment to look at this guitar you will say we did a great job, considering that, in the end, it is only a prototype. As you can see from the pictures, the main feature of our project is the body. First of all, it is made from a single piece of italian poplar wood, handcarved by the artist Giambattista Donati in the peculiar style which made him famous and appreciated: the style of Artigianato Camuno del Legno (photos by Lorenzo Caffi and Gabriele Boniotti).
After being built, decorated, painted and assembled the guitar was brought to a real luthier for adjustment and setting. The result was commendable, even if we had to make some tricks and adjustments. Once introduced to the public the Zero.Zero immediatly gained a good success: sounds good and it is very pleasant to be played, as could witness several guitarists who tried it. For now we have no official endorsers, but the guitar is used by Andrea with his Nu-metal band “MATER” and also for the recordings of the virtual musical project “We Dare” (see the “Endorser” page).
Zero.Zero – Technical specifications:
- body: poplar (single piece, origin: Lombardy, northern Italy)
- neck: maple
- fretboard: rosewood, 24 frets
- scale: 25.50“/ 647.70 mm
- pickups: 2 humbuckers Saga Magnets USA 9K
- bridge: chrome stop bars and tune-o-matic
- machine heads: 3 per side, chrome
- potentiometers: tone 500k / volume 500k
- switch: 3-way LP type
- Concept, project and assembling: Andrea Richini
- Realization and paint: Andrea Salvini
- Artistic finiture: Giambattista Donati